Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Should I complain about work? ......uh....okay! I had my first Snarky Surgeon Experience today. I was assigned to a CT guided laser ablation of a liver lesion this morning with one of the other residents. It's in the CT room using one of the weirdo ancient anesthesia machines that I don't know how to use. Plus,the patient was 1 1/2 hours late so we were all just standing around waiting. Well, the minute she shows up, the surgeon expects us to have her on the table asleep. When that doesn't happen, he starts bitching at ME about the hold up. (Uh...excuse me? Need I remind you that the case is starting late because of YOUR patient?) Then my resident started being mean to me in front of all the staff (surgery intern, med student, surgeon, and nurses). I can take criticism if it's warranted, but have some decency and don't do it around people from other departments. That's really poor form. Normally I have a pretty thick skin for that but lately I've just had enough of people treating me bad and it hasn't taken much to break me down. I felt so humiliated I wanted to cry. I guess he sensed that because in front of everyone, he apologized for his behavior several times. What he was trying to say came out the wrong way and he felt really bad. The day did get better and he's actually a pretty decent guy and I have a new respect for him. It takes a big person not only to apologize but to do it in front of everyone like he did. You just don't see that too much, especially with doctors. I wish more people in my life would do that. But then again, the more I think about it, people do what they want. "To hope, is sweet"...

So I realize everyone is anxiously awaiting a kitty report. Apparently all the vomiting WAS from the renal food and not uremia, as I'd feared. I've had no puking kitties at all since I switched their food 2 days ago. Even Mini-Lion-Hell-Cat is eating well. I'm glad I didn't spend another $200+ at the vet only to find out it was food intolerance.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Let me know if you need me to hang around the hospital and kick some heinys. I have little else to do, and I could count it as my cardio.