Friday, July 20, 2007

Does anyone else find Posh and David extremely annoying? I mean, what is the fascination with them? I think my life is much more interesting. I get to sit in a chair and manage someone's life during surgery!

So last week I blogged about things I did wrong last week. Now I'll list things I did right:

1. I put in 2 arterial lines this week. Each of them took me about 15 seconds!! I guess all those nights last year spending 30 minutes trying to put a-lines in people with a blood pressure of 60/40 is paying off

2. I didn't "chase vital signs" like I see some people do.

3. Got all my intubations, even the one where I had to lean sideways on the CT scanner to get the tube in.

4. I thoroughly documented an inappropriate position a patient was placed in during a long surgery (with her arms raised above her head). Now that she has a nice brachial plexus injury, it's in the chart that the surgeon wanted her that way.

5. I got much more efficient in taking my patient to the PACU and setting up my stuff for the new patient without anyone having to wait on me.

6. I made it to work on time every morning (5:30am)!!

7. I was left by myself during my cases almost all week. When I took my pulse to see how nervous I was, I was bradycardic instead of tachycardia. (yes, I am a nerd)

8.I didn't whine or complain within earshot of anyone important who could make my life difficult.

9. I realized even if I have a not-so-nice attending assigned to me for the day, I'll get through it just fine because they'll probably leave me alone in the room anyway.

10. I'm so busy during the day, I only have time to drink 1/2 coke a lunch as opposed to the 4-6 per day I usually drink. Now I'm no longer having SVT's.

11. I surprised Julie this morning by making a positive comment (despite it being the unGodly hour of 5:45am when I said it)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Are you kidding me? I could watch Posh for HOURS. And that Beverly Hills socialite who could make the dolphin noises? She should totally have her own show.