Saturday, July 21, 2007

How to meet a guy over 35

Yesterday Oprah had a segment on "how to meet a guy over age 35". She had a hot guy on giving advice to all us single ladies. He said to always leave the house looking good because the places you meet guys are the places you go to run errands. Taking that advice to heart, I decided to look extra nice on my lunch/mani-pedi date with Pastor's Bride. Later, I was out running errands and decided to stop at Johnny's for a theta burger. This friendly elderly man opened the door for me and struck up a conversation with me:

Friendly Elderly Man: Hi! Are you going inside?
Me: yes, I think so, if this is the door for to-go orders
Friendly Elderly Man: Yes, you just go right through there. What is your name?
Me: Kate
Friendly Elderly Man: It's so great to meet you, Kate. My name is _____ and this is my sister _______. I think it is so neat that you are going by yourself to get dinner out.
Me (smiling): well, it's nice to meet both of you.
Friendly Elderly Man's Sister commenting to Friendly Elderly Man: She has beautiful teeth!
Me: I hope you guys enjoy your dinner.
Friendly Elderly Man: You too, Kate!

I guess the advice Oprah's male friend gave was good advice, I was just hoping to meet somebody closer to 35!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Beautiful teeth? Did he not see your fingernails and toenails?