Thursday, July 19, 2007

Can't wait til tomorrow... : (

As new residents, we're supposed to call our attending the night before our cases to discuss the "plan". We all got "talked to" because we haven't been doing this. We're supposed to do it even if the patient is not in the hospital. I paged my attending tonight. Here's how the conversation went:

Dr. X: ThisisDrXandIjustgotpaged.
me, cheerfully: Hi, this Katherine, your resident for tomorrow and I was calling to go over our cases we have scheduled. None of them are in the hospital so I can't tell you anything about them other than the procedure.
Dr.X: Then why are you calling me?
me: because we all got in trouble today for not calling
Dr.X: then I'll see you tomorrow. (click)

Nice, I can't wait to meet this guy and hear what words of wisdom he will undoubtedly want to spend all day sharing with me.

I don't like grumpy doctors. Almost all of them are nice to me because I'm fun to talk to in the OR. I hope this one I have tomorrow gets over his snarky mood.

I'm excited to have the whole weekend off. No tests this time. I was really wanting to go to Dallas and visit my best friend/ex, but through a weird and sudden turn of events last week, we aren't friends right now...maybe never. I may have finally reached a point where he's hurt me more than I love him. So I will hang out at home this weekend, get a mani with pastor's bride, study, SLEEP, earn some easy moonlighting money, and pretend like nothing is bothering me, when actually I dont think I could feel more alone or broken.

Oh good. Ambien just kicked in. Time for bed. 04:30 comes early....

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Today you need to blog that you "can't wait for tomorrow" because tommorow you get to go to the nail place and lunch with Robyn ! ! ! ! !