Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The most glorious thing happened today! I got up early to go on my 3 mile walk, and I had to wear a light jacket!!! Yay!!! The summer of having 38 days of over 100 degrees is cooling off! I can't believe how fast it happened. Just last week it was 105, and this morning it was 62. Now, I realize that is not cold, but just before sunrise it's enough to make the air a bit cool. I was more than happy to wear a jacket. My whole day was good, too.

The Boyfriend brought home an unwanted guest from his 10 day trip: a virus. He's coughing and in general feels bad. We snuggled on the couch to watch tv and he was complaining he was cold. Poor thing. I gave him the world's best medicine: M&M's (not to be confused with S&M's) and head grickles. I hope he feels better soon. He never gets sick, so when he does, I feel bad too.

Did anyone watch that gloom and doom show on 20/20 tonight about 8 different ways the world could end? Geez, talk about a downer! I'll probably have nightmares all night about a giant meteor hitting my house now. Thanks Elizabeth Vargas.

2 comments:

Dan and Libby said...

1. Could I have some head grickles when I come home for my visit? That would fit in nicely if we did something like a slumber party!!!! I would like it even more after a glass or two of wine.

2. Do you really think Elizabeth Vargas let her baby watch that particular 20/20? Or maybe the baby isn't born yet. Anyway ...

3. Cool morning! Now I have to change all my wardrobe plans for this visit.

Sherri said...

Hi girl! I just read all your posts. I feel like I know you again ;) Sounds like you're very busy, just like the old days.

I blogged about September just today. I'm so glad it's cool again! I thought all my trees were going to die.

Don't be a stranger :)