Monday, September 04, 2006

So I'm really starting to think that one doctor doesn't like me too much. This month, I'm on a rotation with him in the ICU. On Friday, my first day, I went in an hour earlier than he does so I could see some patients and get the notes written. Well, it took me an hour just to write one note because the patient had been there for awhile and I had to practically read the whole chart to get an idea of what was going on. So Dr. X gets there and starts reading my note and finally asks how long it took me to write it. "about an hour" I said. His reply: Well, it's a pretty poorly written note. Whatever. I can't win.

I was on call that night too. It was the easiest call night yet! Only 2 admits and one pronouncement. One of the admits was a diabetic hooker who decided to buy cocaine with her money instead of her diabetes supplies (which she had left in somebody's car 2 days earlier). She ended up with her 2nd case of DKA in 3 weeks. "The cocaine was only 10 dollars", she told me. "Well that's 10 dollars you don't have today, isn't it?". I don't know why I waste my breath. Her life would be so much easier if she weren't diabetic....oh yeah, and a drug addict......and a hooker.

So The Boyfriend is STILL SICK!! I thought he was getting better until this weekend when he took a turn for the worse. However, his voice has taken on a raspy sound which I find sorta sexy. The main event of the weekend was watching football. I'm so happy football season is back! For some odd reason, our team isn't wearing their names on the back of their jerseys, so The Boyfriend, always trying to stay ahead, printed off a team roster he found online-except that a lot of the numbers were wrong and included people that had been kicked off the team. I couldn't help but make fun of the list and make up names when he asked who number so-and-so was. He didn't share my amusement and I got bonked on the head several times with the list during the course of the game. Unfortunately, I'm on call Saturday so the next opportunity for head bonks won't be for 2 more weeks!

No comments: