Thursday, September 21, 2006

So today we all got our asses chewed out by the program director. All the guys were complaining to her about one particular nurse who "demeans" them. Our PD got mad that they didn't mention it earlier and then started yelling at us that the whole hospital is complaining about us. Oh, really? Than why didn't YOU mention it earlier to US??? As it turns out, she's gotten a lot of complaints about how the cardiac/respiratory arrests are being handled, particularly one that occurred in the radiology department. I relaxed after I heard that. I haven't run a code in about 6 weeks, so I know it's not ME that anyone is complaining about. Plus, I heard about the respiratory arrest in radiology and it sounded like a big cluster...I'm glad I had no part of that.

So that bitch session this afternoon gave me a big ol' headache but it's gone now. Oddly, the nurse that all the guys were complaining about I happen to think is pretty nice. Hopefully they will find a way to resolve their issues with her. Today was the first I'd heard of it all.

After the bitch-fest was finally over, I returned to the ICU only to find out that one of my patients had just died in a freakish way. Too hard to explain though so I'm not even going to go there. My attending was pretty upset about it. I think he had tears in his eyes when he told me about it. Everybody was pretty visibly upset.

This blog seems depresing lately. It's not that these events are anything new...this stuff happens everyday, usually I just don't blog about it.

1 comment:

Dan and Libby said...

I'm glad no one was complaining about you! And that you haven't run a code in about 6 weeks. Running a code is when they're dying, right???