Sunday, August 06, 2006

Expensive T-shirts

Does anybody ever buy clothes from Anthropologie? I've heard all these great things about their stuff, and if anybody cares, the beautiful chef Giada de Laurantiis is married to a man who designs clothes for them. She wears their stuff all the time and looks awesome. So, since there's not a store within 300 miles of my house, I checked out their website and ordered a catalogue. Here's what I think: most of their clothes are weird. Really weird. Especially the catalogue. I went to their website looking for the shirts Giada wears, and I can't find any of them, but I can sure find all the strange stuff. The few t-shirts I've seen on their website that I like are usually sold out. Oh yeah, and did I mention their clothes are really expensive? $58 for a t-shirt! Now, as far as fashion goes, my life is divided into 2 halves: before The Boyfriend and now. My old self would have never bought a $58 piece of cotton, but now that I've become more fashion conscious, I don't even blink an eye, which is why the other day, I bought 2 shirts from Anthropologie. I had to. It was my lucky day, for I actually found some shirts I liked that weren't sold out!!! God wanted me to have them.

I had a fun weekend. Went for Mexican food Friday Night with The Boyfriend, ran errands with him on Saturday, made pizza for us that night and we watched TV, then today slept until noon, had a late lunch, then went to Barnes and Noble for a couple of hours. I'm home now. I need to work in my yard BUT IT'S TOO HOT!! Today we hit our 24th day this summer of being over 100. Today we're a balmy 103. I've had it. I'm taking this issue up with God tonight. His land is turning brown and I think he needs to hear about it. I spent 4 hours one night last week sprinkling my lawn, and did it make one difference? No! Still I have brown prickly grass.

Well I suppose I should do some reading. My cardiology doc gave me a book about pacemakers I should take a look at before tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and thanks Rhett Bomar for nearly ruining my week!!

1 comment:

Dan and Libby said...

Don't waste time on clothing at anthropologie! Buy candles! They are unbelievable. Love the Fig smell and Pomegranate and recently got Ivy. That's what I've always gotten. They used to be bigger on home stuff, not so much on clothes. Come visit and we'll go! I just bought a metal letter "H" for Dan. To go with my "Q." They can hang inside or outside. Ha ha, we're the HQ.