Sunday, August 05, 2007

Happy Times

Today I went shopping with my mom. We had a "sales tax free" weekend on clothes. I didn't really plan on buying anything, but I figured there would be good sales along with no tax. Hmmph. I didn't buy anything on sale. I never like anything on sale. One of my friends once told me that the reason why something is on sale is because no one else wanted it. But don't be disappointed- I did manage to spend $300 on clothes at Banana Republic. Nice clothes. Where and when I'll wear them is my guess, but they are nice. I wear scrubs all day and I never go out, but it's still cool to have nice clothes waiting in my closet if I ever decide to quit being a hermit. Maybe someday I'll even get asked out on a real date. My closet is ready, even if I'm not.

So the happy thing about today is that it was the first day I've gone shopping since I've lost weight. I'm guessing about 10 pounds. I could totally tell! 10 pounds doesn't seem like much, but I could tell a big difference. I even had to get smaller sizes than normal in some stuff. What's not to be happy about? Another 5 pounds, and the thought of wearing a bikini probably won't scare me.

No comments: