Monday, October 02, 2006

Zombie girl

I miss my friends. I don't talk to many people outside the hospital anymore. Being busy...well...sucks sometimes. I finished a 29 hour shift this afternoon, went home and took a shower, then went to The Boyfriend's house to sleep for a few hours. Not really quality time but I like knowing he's near.

Last night was pretty uneventful, for the most part. Except for the emergent intubation I couldn't get and had to call and ER doc to come up and rescue me (thank God for the ER docs that are around 24/7). Oh, yeah, and the central line I was trying to put in a guy's neck that I couldn't get. Everytime I hit the vein and started to put the guide wire in, he would turn his head and I would lose access. The third time I hit his carotid and I decided I'd had enough. I called the central line team to come do it. I was really pissed. It's getting late in the year for me to be having trouble with procedures. If this kind of stuff happens next year, I will probably get really chewed out.

Life is looking up though. This was my last weekend to be on call for several weeks. It's about time. It has seemed like lately I'm on call every weekend. I'm really excited about this weekend though. The Boyfriend and some of our friends are going to a certain big city to go to a certain football game. Well, we aren't actually going to the game. We decided if all we can get are nosebleed seats, we'd rather watch the game in our nice hotel room, then party with our friends after the game. It should really be a lot of fun.

So, that's life for me in a nutshell!

No comments: