Monday, October 30, 2006

36?!

I realized when I woke up Saturday morning that I am now closer to 40 than I am 30. I don't feel like it. I feel like I'm 26 still. it's a good thing, I have a few rough months coming up. I decided to take my (final) medical licensing exam next month instead of waiting until the spring. I just want to get it over with. I have another exam in July I need to do well on, so I need to start studying as early as possible.

OK, so what did I do this weekend? I had an awesome birthday weekend with The Boyfriend. It started Thursday Night when my family went out to dinner and then bowling. Bowling is fun, but I think what I love the most is doing something with my family altogether. Friday, The Boyfriend and I went to Dallas and stayed at the Westin at the Galleria and he took me shopping. We had so much fun. It's pretty cool dating a guy who likes to shop. To make it even more fun, I helped him pick out clothes too. I got my first pair of skinny jeans (yes, I know..I swore I would never buy any) and I love them. I must have tried on 20 pairs of jeans and the LAST pair fit perfectly.

OK so we didn't just go shopping. We slept in Saturday morning and watched a football game on TV and ordered room service for breakfast. Went to an awesome seafood restaurant that night, then Sunday visited his brother and sister-in-law pregnant with triplets.

Strange..I never heard from my dad for my birthday. ~sigh~ it isn't the first time. 3 years ago he got all pissed because my birthday was going to be celebrated at my mom's house. Since he has to control everything, he decided over his dead body would he ever set foot in my mom's house, so what did he do? He skipped my birthday. About a week later, I finally got a call from him. I don't know who he's trying to hurt more, me or mom. Grow up, Dad, Mom moved on 15 years ago.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Happy birthday, Katy. I hit the "closer to 40" mark last month. It's weird, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I like reading your blog. I first stumbled on it a few months ago ( don't remember how) when I was also a 4th year medical student. I feel your pain and can relate to the suffering you're going through with intern year! Good luck!

Dan and Libby said...

When do we get to see skinny jeans pictures? Boyfriend gets dozens of cool boyfriend points for this weekend. Also, do you realize how often you seem to be going to Dallas ... only to watch Oklahoma play football on TV??? xo