Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sleeping Beauty

Wow, I think I slept all weekend! I was on call last Wednesday night and got about 3 hours of sleep. I was busy from 6pm until 1am admitting patients from the ER, then during the night I had 3 code blues. Everybody lived. After my shift, I had to stay and round on the PICU patients with my attending, then I had to stay for noon conference. I got home around 2pm, but promised one of the other residents that I would pick her up at 4pm from her Lasik appointment. My point is, I got little sleep. I realized as I was going to bed that night, that I had 3 hours of (poor) sleep in 41 hours. It's no wonder that I woke up Friday morning feeling lousy. I came home and slept for 3 hours that afternoon. Slept 8 hours Friday Night, took a nap on Saturday, then today I slept until 12:30pm! I even got a kiss from The Boyfriend when I woke up.

OK I agree, I'm seriously a big slacker, but now I feel really good!

On a sad note, one of my aunts died this morning. She fell on Friday and I'm assuming she hit her head and got a head bleed, but at any rate, she was in the ICU all weekend not expected to recover. I wasn't surprised she died. I got such a nice card from her at graduation. She patiently taught me how to read the summer between kindergarten and 1st grade. I never forgot that. I really hope I can attend her funeral this week. It would be nice to see all my cousins, too.

No comments: