Monday, July 17, 2006

I put in 75 hours last week..close to the 80 work week restriction, but I can't complain. I have friends who put in WAY more than 80 hours a week, despite the law...

I was on call all day Saturday until 8am Sunday morning, which pretty much ruined my weekend. I was trashed all day yesteray but it was my only day off all week. The Boyfriend and I went to see The Devil Loves Prada. He came along to earn what he calls "chick flick points". It was a great movie and he actually like it too...that is, the first 2/3 of it. The last 1/3 got a bit touchy-feely and I was just happy he didn't throw up in the theater. We were going to make a non-cash bet over whether or not it would be #1 in the box office for the weekend. I was willing to make the bet, but apparently the stakes were too high for him, so we didn't make the bet. He shoulda, because he woulda won the bet.

Tonight we're going out to dinner and then I'm going to walk. Granted, it's 104 degrees outside right now, so if it doesn't cool off before 8pm, the walk may not happen. I'm not on call again until Thursday night. Friday I will get to leave after noon conference since I'll be post-call, then The Boyfriend and I are taking his M6 to Dallas for a fun weekend. I'll get to meet his brother and sister-in law who is pregnant with triplets. They live in LA but are moving to Dallas soon.

"That's all." -Miranda

1 comment:

Dan and Libby said...

Read The Devil Wears Prada en route to Wichita. All of it. Totally fun fun read. Different from movie but equally fun. I could mail it to you, or you could buy it for the drive to Dallas! xo