Sunday, July 09, 2006

Fussbudget Love

I had a fun weekend, except for the first part. I had to take what was supposed to be the 8 hour board certification exam for anesthesiology. Since I only knew about 1/8 of the answers, it only took me 4 hours to complete. For now, the test is only used to gauge my progress through the next four years, so this year's score really doesn't matter. However, when I'm taking the exam to become board certified in 4 years, the score really matters a lot.

After the test was over, The Boyfriend and I drove my car to Wichita, KS to pick up a new car he ordered...a BMW M6! We stayed the night at the Hotel at Olde Town and enjoyed a mediocre dinner of sushi at a nearby restaurant. The waitress kept bringing us other people's food, and she tried to give our appetizer to somebody else. There was also some sort of festival in Olde Town so the streets were noisy and crowded with people. The Boyfriend said the street noise lasted until 3am. I wouldn't know. I crashed early at midnight and didn't hear a thing. That's been happening a lot these days. I can't get my book read because everytime I settle down to read at night, I end up getting sleepy and going to sleep.

So, back to the weekend. This morning we went to the dealership and picked up his car. Like. Wow. It was in the center of their showroom and the guy said it had received quite a lot of attention since they put it out. It's the first time The Boyfriend and I have ever seen an M6 (they are really, really hard to get) and I just fell in love.

After that, we went to our favorite restaurant in Wichita- Yai-Yai's. I've been looking forward to eating there for about 2 weeks. We got there we noticed there's some sort of Sunday brunch buffet going on. I asked Teeny Bopper Hostess if we could have a menu. She tells me, "they don't like to do that during brunch". Hmm. Well, that's nice and all, but I didn't really ask if "they" liked to do anything. I mean, I don't really like doing rectal exams, but I've had to do them a time or two. So I asked her again, "So can we order lunch from the menu?" Teeny Bopper Hostess says I can but they aren't really ready to cook anything. Whatever. I am truly annoyed. So we ate the brunch buffet. Sadly, it was not the same. We were both a little more than slightly disappointed. Teeny Bopper Hostess really pissed me off with her attitude. The Boyfriend thought that part was pretty funny. Apparently being a fuss-budget is one of my good qualities!

So me, The Boyfriend, and the new M6 are safely back home tonight. I have to say, the M6 got a lot of stares from people today. I got to drive it a bit tonight. I'm not sure what was more amazing, the drive itself or the fact that The Boyfriend let me drive it! If that ain't love, then what is?

No comments: