Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone had a good one.

My carrot cake turned out...weird. I think I'll probably throw away the recipe. When the main ingredients were pine nuts, carrots, and fennel seeds, I should have figured it would taste odd. Sorry, Giada.

This was an odd Christmas. I didn't have anything to do today. With my family getting together on the 23rd and 24th, it left today with nothing to do. Mom and I were going to go to a movie, but we couldn't agree on one then she decided she didn't want to spend the money. Then we decided she would come over and we would hang out and I would make Turkey Casserole for dinner (yum!). She called me at 2pm and said she just wanted to stay in, partly because her back was sore. Hmmph. I was a little miffed. I wish she had told me sooner. I could have made other plans, namely, driven a couple of hours to have dinner with my college friend and her family. But at 2pm, it was too late. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've had to ignore a sore back and gone about my day. I've had back pain since I was 10 years old. I've learned to ignore it. Today I kept thinking of all my friends and what they were doing. They all have husbands and kids. I'm the only single one and it makes holidays weird because everyone does things with their own family. I sometimes feel like the "ugly spinster". That being said, maybe with each passing year, that's one year closer to having my own family!

Other than today, my Christmas weekend was pretty fun and I got lots of rest. I'm really looking forward to being on call tomorrow night (she says, sarcastically).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can TOTALLY relate to being single and how that feels magnified around the holidays. In my family, we met at my sister's Christmas morning for breakfast at 9:00, but everyone had to be gone by 10:30 in order to get to their in laws for the day. That translation for me meant...spend the rest of Christmas home alone.