Saturday, December 23, 2006

mascarpone, anyone?

I'm going to make a carrot cake tomorrow that I saw Giada make on Everyday Italian a few weeks ago. The problem? I can't find any mascarpone cheese. I saw some at SuperTarget last week, but do I dare even think of setting foot in a Target on Christmas Eve so I can buy a small tub of cheese? I don't think so. Instead I bought cream cheese. I hope it works.

Today was better. I went to my dad's tonight and had a nice time. My step sister and her family weren't even there so that totally cured the "do I get them a present" problem. They did buy me something, but I really don't think they'll care I didn't reciprocate. I'm really excited about going to my mom's tomorrow. We always have a good time and I bought everyone cool presents that I think they'll like.

I wish Mr. Big was here for Chistmas. I miss him. : (

No comments: