Monday, October 08, 2007

What happens in Dallas, stays in Dallas: My Vaca, part 2



I hadn't really intended on going to Dallas for the annual Red River Rivalry, but I have a group of friends that go every year, and at the last minute, talked me into going. "If you don't go, you're just going to stay home and feel sorry for yourself, wishing you had come with us," Julie told me. So I went.

Started of the day at Humperdink's for drinks and a big pep rally. Ran into a couple who the ex-boyfriend and I used to have dinner with regularly. As soon as we broke up, they dropped me. And as I would expect, I got an icy reception from the female. I have no idea why. I'll say one thing: you find out who your true friends are after a break-up.

Around 7pm, the party migrated to a strip bar next door to our hotel. A nice strip bar. Here's where things got strange. Two of the girls with us started making out with each other in front of their husbands. Then they started doing other things. Pretty soon, the crowd around our table was bigger than the crowd watching the real strippers. That's all I'm going to say about that. The girls ended up getting kicked out of the club after going to the ladies' room together. The rest of us went for pancakes. Julie and I managed to stay heterosexual throughout the evening. The funny thing is, as wild as our night was, we are all in our late 30's and were in bed by midnight. Of course, when you start partying at 2pm, midnight is a bit late.

I ended up having somewhat of an interesting weekend of my own, which I won't get into here. I just hope I don't live to regret some of the things I did. I did get to spend some unexpected time with a very special friend.

Oh yeah, and our team won. Seems sorta anti-climactic after all the things that went on. We all made it home alive and well. I was told this was the wildest Red River Rivalry Weekend they have ever had. I'm certainly glad I didn't miss out!

1 comment:

Dan and Libby said...

Chicks in couples almost always stay friends with broken-up guy and not broken-up girl. Why would couple chick want her couple guy to be friendly with a cute, smart, with-it other woman? No way! Psych 101.

Now what's the story with the unexpected time and v. special friend?!?