Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

Today is April 6th. APRIL 6th! And today it snowed. I had to bring in all my potted plants as it's going to get into the 20's at night. I just can't believe it. I'm so glad I didn't go buy a bunch of annuals last weekend like I was planning on doing.


Today I bought a new journal. It's the nicest (and most expensive) one I've ever had. It's #29. I've kept one since I was 10. Whenever I start a new one, I always wonder what the pages are going to say when it is finished. #28 is only a few hundred pages long, yet it took me 7 years to write. My life now, is vastly different from how it was in 2000 when I started it. I've always liked keeping a journal. It's fun to go back and read stuff. I sometimes wonder what the point is though. When I'm dead, my family is going to have a box of homemade books that will just collect dust. They are worth nothing to anybody, except to me. Actually, I'm not sure I want anyone reading my journals. If my parents ever read them, they would be shocked. In junior high and high school, I was profoundly depressed and for awhile, I self medicated with alcohol that I stole from my dad's liquor stash. I would be so embarrassed if they knew what was really going on with me. Looking back though, how could they not have noticed something was wrong? They should have known. Any parent who pays just a little attention to their child would have noticed and intervened. Well, at least I had enough gumption to intervene on myself.


I'm on call tomorrow. Blah! I absolutely hate weekend call. It's the most boring, tense, 24 hours ever. I will spend Sunday attempting to attend church (if I'm not just dead tired) and then going home and going to bed. What a FUN weekend I am in for. At least the weather is going to be crappy, but I will unfortunately miss my neice's 8th birthday. Blah!

No comments: