Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I can't believe Thanksgiving is here! It seems like we just had Christmas! Today is my last day at work before having 5 days off. I'm hoping it will be slow so maybe I will get sent home. All I seem to be doing when I'm on call is "coat-tailing", so it's not like I'm actually needed. Yesterday I was doing the pre-op evaluations for people having surgery today. I went to see this one guy who was pretty mangled from a car accident. I noticed he had tattoos all over him and when I leaned over to listen to his heart, I noticed across his neck was tattooed, "Trust No Bitch". I thought that was pretty offensive, but did I say anything? No. God forbid if I upset a patient. This man is very obviously a gang-banger. A danger. A waste of effort, and yet, he will rack up a hospital bill of close to $500,000 and do nothing to repay his debt, let alone the debt he owes to society. He will go back to wherever he lives and continue on his destructive path. I know I sound terribly judgemental and mean, but it's the same people every day, sucking up our nation's healthcare resources.

Access Hollywood report today that FedEx (the loser formerly known as K-fed) had to take a taxi home from the airport. That makes me so happy. Funny how I don't know him and yet I have this extreme disgust for him. I guess it's kind of a relief knowing there are people out that who are way more screwed up than I.

Well, I don't know why I'm so cranky today. Sorry. I hope I snap out of it.

No comments: