Monday, December 03, 2007

Woof!

I have a problem. His name is Bentley. He is my neighbor's new dog and he barks ALL THE TIME! I can't even go into how much sleep I have lost over that dog barking right outside my bedroom window at all hours of the day and night. Talking to the neighbors about it only helped marginally. I mean, come ON! Would you want your anesthesiologist to be sleep deprived?

One night last week I absolutely had enough. I tucked a benedryl into a piece of cheese and gave it to the dog. I felt a little guilty, especially when I didn't see the dog for a few days. Benedryl is harmless, but what if he had some weird reaction? Well, he didn't. He woke me up one morning when I was post-call. He's fine.

Since I really don't want to resort to drugging the neighbor's dog everytime I want to get some sleep, I bought a new gadget called the Dog Silencer Pro. It's kind of like a dog whistle that goes off everytime the dog barks. I got it tonight and I am cautiously excited. While I was setting it up, the dog freaked out and started barking at me. The gadget sent it's ultrasonic noise (people can't hear it) to the dog and the dog actually quit barking! Could it be? Oh if only it's true!

Sleep, here I come!!

1 comment:

Dan and Libby said...

This Benadryl solution seemed like a dream come true to me, but it didn't even slow Mama's Precious Wonder down, she was so determined to eat our Christmas dinner guests.