Thursday, December 06, 2007

Well the Dog Silencer appears to be working like a charm. The dogs absolutely will not bark anywhere near my house. Even when a random cat walks by, they won't bark at it. They do, however, bark when they get out of range which makes me think I should buy another one for the back of my yard. It wouldn't be so bad, except those two dogs start barking at two other dogs nearby and between the 4 of them, it gets really loud! Especially at 2am.

So, tomorrow I am traveling to an anesthesia conference in NYC. I'm actually staying in Newark and will take a train to NYC everyday, due to the cost of all the hotels in NYC being $500 a night. Tonight I've been trying to devise a plan of travel from my hotel to Times Square. I'm confused. My hotel is adjacent to Penn Station which has two different trains, a bus, and a subway. They all go to NYC. Why are there 3 different rail systems? Which one should I take? Where will I end up? How late do they run?

Sigh. God help me. Anyone out there who knows me, knows I am going to get hopelessly lost. All by myself.

And don't even get me started on the NYC subway system. I pulled up a map of that tonight and thought I was reading some ancient hierogyphics. Why can't they all be like the D.C. rail system? That was easy to figure out!

Life is weird. I am really, really good at a lot of things. But the things I'm not good at-I'm horrible at.

Well, at least my hotel has a Starbucks. Coffee makes everything better.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I guess you're probably gone by now, but I wanted to wish you a good trip anyway.

:)Sherri