Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ugh! I'm so tired.

I started my month of pulmonology Friday. I have to be at the hospital to round at 7am then be available for consultations in the afternoon. It's not really all that bad, I'm just not quite used to getting up so early. This time next month it will be like sleeping in.

Anyway, I got 3 consultations yesterday afternoon then I was on call last night. I got home today around 1pm and just collapsed into bed but really didn't sleep very long. I've been dragging the rest of today with my "post call headache" I always get when I'm sleep deprived.

Earlier this week my ex boyfriend moved to Dallas. That has been difficult to deal with. We had a fun weekend but he's been busy and distracted with the logistics of moving, so I probably won't hear from him again for awhile. I think he's mad at me, too. I guess I said some things that he took as me trying to make him feel guilty. He got real pissy with me the last time we talked. The thing is, he's always gotten on to me because I don't talk about things that upset me until I get really mad. Now that I am, he thinks I'm trying to make him feel bad. Whatever. Either way, I can't win.

I'm just really, really stressed. I start my official anesthesia residency in 3 weeks. That in itself is enough stress, but I also have to take our in-training exam too. We have to score in the 50th percentile to stay off probation. Plus the break up still feels crappy and to top it off, he's moved away. It all just feels like it's coming together at once. Did I do something wrong?

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Hey girl. Him getting pissy with you sounds like he feels guilty. What you said probably mirrored his own thoughts.