Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Miss me? Last week I went to Washington, D.C. and hung out with 2 friends from elementary school. I AM back in one piece. I came back so tired that I was convinced I needed another vacation. We had a great time and fit absolutely everything we could into 5 days. Since I'm not near as funny as my friend Robyn...aka Pastor's Bride, you can read her blog about our trip. She summed it up quite nicely...

http://imarriedthepastor.blogspot.com/




My friends



My friends and me on a boat on the Potomac. If you look really closely, you might see the infamous Snakehead Fish that now plagues the river...or you might not. Or even worse, you might see a Penis Fish that has Robyn worried. Then again, last I heard these were only found in the Amazon.



This is what's left of our feet after tromping all over Washington D.C. all day. I realize now, flip flops were probably not the best foot attire for long walks. I have sores all over my angry feet to prove it.


To change the subject, today was my last day of my intern year. I can't believe it. I'm sad. I love the hospital I am at and will really miss everyone. Last night when I was on call, I went by all the ICU's and said goodbye to the nurses. Today I said goodbye to my attending docs I've had throughout the year. Just an outstanding bunch of people. Tonight was our graduation. I just can't believe it's over. Parts of it have been pure Hell but overall it was a great year. I remember some of my call nights being so bad, that I wanted to walk out and never come back...but I couldn't because I can't afford to walk away. Some call nights I cried after having to give bad news to families. Some nights I cried just because I was so tired and didn't think I could get through the night. I'm finished.

No comments: