Sunday, May 20, 2007

OK I know I was Debbie Downer in my last blog. It happens. I'm just a bit annoyed by my life. I worked hard to get where I am, and I'm having a lot of doubts and no reward. The next 6 months will make a big impact on my attitude. Another thing is some of the other residents are just outright being stupid and lazy...ie..refusing to see patients in the ER when our attending doc asks them to see them. When our program director finds out, there's going to be Hell to pay, and we're ALL going to pay for it. I'm not looking forward to that, especially since I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. I work with a bunch of spoiled children. I can't wait to see how they'll respond to having to do REAL work come July 1 when the anesthesia part of our training begins.

This morning at church we talked about how God has a plan for everone and you can't rush it. I need to keep that in mind. Just please somebody tell me that I'm not going to end up husbandless and childless.

I cooked 2 big dishes this weekend that I saw on Food Network. Paula Dean's slow cooker macaroni and cheese...(the ultimate comfort food), and The Barefoot Contessa's spaghetti and meatballs. Quite tasty. Her meatballs required veal, which I don't eat, but I managed to replace it with a tasty substitution. Yum. That and 2 glasses of wine and I'm feelin pretty good about now.

Started a new book loaned to me back in February "Everyone Worth Knowing" by the same author who wrote "The Devil Loves Prada". So far, I like it. It's trendy.

I also watched 2 movies this weekend, both featuring one of my favorite actresses, Reese Witherspoon. Sweet Home Alabama and the one where she goes to law school. Did anyone know her dad is a doctor in Tennessee? I did.

No comments: