Thursday, March 15, 2007

True Confessions

Today I was informally voted "least likely to cheat on a boyfriend/spouse" by the other residents. True, am I a St Bernard..loyal, always. This afternoon I cheated on someone. My hairdresser. I went to a new lady. I woke up Monday Morning and realized I have a terrible affliction called "Mom Hair". Julie, one of the other residents, realized the severity of the situation and quickly made an appointment for me to see her lady today. The first thing I noticed when I went to Julie's place was the average age of the clientelle. Very trendy which made me feel intimidated. I'm not cool. I don't even pretend to be cool. The average age of the salon I go to is probably 50. I liked this place though and the lady who cut my hair, as radical as she looked, did a great job and was really nice. I'm always wary of trendy haircutters because the first thing they want to do is cut ALL your hair off. In this case, she actually wanted to keep it longer than I did, which gave her immediate credibility. My hair is a now slightly longer version of The Rachel. I really like it a lot. My head feels lighter!

Today was Doctor Appreciation Day at the hospital. Free food, massages, etc.I had been on call all night with very little sleep and lots of crazy events that occurred that I'll just save for another day. Anyway, the hospital was offering free lab work to all the doctors so I got the whole shibang...lipid profile, thyroid test, blood count with differential, and a complete metabolic profile. In all it's probably worth around $300. I looked awful. Hadn't brushed my hair and it was all falling out of my ponytail I'd slept in.The lack of sleep definitely showed on my face. The lady was drawing my labs and I was telling her I was one of the residents. She said she'd seen my photo (they have photos of all the residents on every floor) and told me I was one of the prettiest doctors in the hospital! That just made my day! It was even cooler that she felt comfortable telling me that. Now, I'm not bringing this all up to brag. My friends who read this blog know I've been feeling pretty bad about myself lately...it was just nice to hear a compliment from a complete stranger.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Glad you're feeling a little better. A good haircut is the best therapy!

Dan and Libby said...

New hair, wahoo! What I would give to be a redhead ...