Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pink

I have this friend I'll call Pink. We've known each other since kindergarten. She loved pink panther when she was a kid, so she got nicknamed "Pink". As the story goes, I was in the afternoon kindergarten and she was in the morning. She spotted me one day at school and told her mom all about this girl Katy and her neat red hair. Her mom just had to meet this little girl so she invited me to Pink's birthday party. And the rest is history. Pink and I stayed friends all through school until about high school when we both went through weird stages and weren't friends anymore, which is entirely my fault. Anyway, at our 10 year reunion, one of the main reasons I went was to see Pink. She wasn't there. Then last year, I ran into her mom and got Pink's email address. We've kept in touch even though she lives in D.C. with a way cool job.

So I've not been in a good place the last couple of weeks, and what did Pink do? She moved up her trip home so we could hang out! Nobody has ever done anything like that for me. I'm so glad she came home. She definitely made my weekend much better. Tomorrow we are going to the mall for pedicures and then she's making dinner for me, Pastor's Bride, and her parents.

I'm pretty tired. I had this pediatric life support course yesterday and today. It's a lot of lectures and stuff. Sitting there all day makes me tired, plus, I can't think of a more boring way to spend early morning Saturday than at a training course. I have to say though, that the speakers were really good and I did learn some important stuff. I can't believe I only have 4 months of my intern year left. Scary that I'm going to start putting people to sleep in July.

1 comment:

Dan and Libby said...

High school is not your fault. Some of us were busy walking around with our heads shaved on one side. But reunions are for the birds. A trip to Europe or Caribbean cruise is a much better alternative to the next reunion!

Trip home was fun -- what's not fun about dinner out, wine, dinner out, book shopping, movies, smoking (I didn't inhale), wine, mani-pedis, makeup, dinner in, more wine and dessert?!?