Friday, February 09, 2007

No more hand washing dishes!

After a month of washing dishes (really not that many because I'm never home to eat), I finally solved the problem with my dishwasher. Actually, it turned out to be the water pressure in my kitchen. $475 later, I have a new kitchen sink faucet, my dishwasher works, my toilet works right, and I got a new bathroom sink faucet. It kinda sounds like I let things go, which I guess I did. The bad news is this fix is probably only temporary. My house is really old and some of the pipes underground need to be replaced because they are partly stenosed. I can guaratee that I will be living in a new house before the need for that arises.

I didn't really need the new bathroom faucet, but the old one was brass and had turned green and it had no drain cover. I couldn't get it to clean up no matter what. It was pretty ugly and it's one of those things that you're so used to seeing that you forget how ugly it is. I was thinking today that the perfect analogy is those poor rejects on American Idol who, for some unknown reason, have friends who don't tell them how bad they sing, then they act all surprised and hurt when they get totally slammed on the show. My faucet was the same way. Completely ugly but nobody would say anything. At any rate, it's now replaced with a shiny new chrome faucet complete with a drain cover.

Boring blog, but really there aren't any neat stories this week so I'm forced to discuss domestic issues.

No comments: