Saturday, January 05, 2008

An apology to my friends

I've neglected all of you lately. I missed getting to wish everyone a Happy New Year and all that. My excuse is a lame one: I've just been working All THE TIME. If I'm not at work, I'm in bed (sleeping). I worked 90 hours this week, which left no time for me to do anything else. Sadly, New Year's Eve I was in bed by 9:30pm because I had a 24 hour shift starting at 6am the next day. I hated it. All this being said, I think about all ya'll a bunch and hope everyone's year is starting off good!

What has made me so busy is my trauma ICU assignment this month. It's notoriously known as the worst month of the anesthesia residency, because the hours are so long. It's also depressing. Just about everyone has traumatic brain injuries from various accidents, whether it is putting up Christmas lights and falling off a ladder, or mostly, car accidents and gang members shooting each other. Most of these guys are on a ventilater and not showing much hope of coming off. Some of the awful trauma I see makes me want to never leave my house, for fear of ending up like these guys.

I just woke up from sleeping all day after a 30 hour shift last night. We're having our annual anesthesia department party tonight which is pretty fun. Everyone dresses to the hilt and we have free food and drinks. What am I going to do instead? Order out sushi and watch back-to-back episodes of "Flip That House". I just want to stay home tonight and chill.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Are you satayin alive? I think about you! My blog address has changed. Find me at the new one!