Sunday, January 20, 2008

This month is finally coming to an end and I can at least get some of my life back! I finished a 27 hour shift this morning. It was a horrible night. Our trauma center was so busy and all the patients that came through were critically injured. I think we had 5 new admissions, in addition to the ones we already had. Just about everyone is on a ventilator and one unfortunate woman actually has brain tissue oozing out the back of her head. I had the miserable task of talking to her family about her poor prognosis. What do you say to someone who's only child just got shot in the head?

The stuff I've seen this month is so horrible that most of it I can't write about. I'm looking forward to not being exposed to all this human cruelty and getting back to just doing anesthesia.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

It's good that people such as yourself can handle those types of things. Ugh!