Thursday, January 13, 2011

No Pain, No Gain

I started seeing a personal trainer this week. Not because it was a New Year's Resolution, or anything, but because it just happened to be January when I was able to start doing this. You might wonder why I don't just join a gym. I've done that. And I don't go. I need someone who I am paying for his time and who will be waiting for me to show up. I also want a program tailored just for me and someone who is there 100% of the time to make sure my form is perfect. Anyway, this guy is the real deal. He owns a private gym so I'm the only person there usually when I go in for my appointment. The place is very clean. There are no distractions and the equipment is always available to use. So Tuesday was my first day to go. He said he would be easy on me the first two weeks. I believed him. Yesterday I got out of bed and Yeeeoowwww my quadriceps let me hear about it. All day! And all night, since I was on call and awake. This morning wasn't as bad and it's a good thing because appointment #2 was this morning. If telling him about my soreness was supposed to be a hint to go easier on me, he didn't bite. His reply, "good! working out will help the soreness". I sorta gave him an agonizing laugh. But he was right. The soreness really did improve! It was a somewhat painful hour but I survived. I came home and slept most of the afternoon, since my sleep was interrupted overnight. I know tomorrow I will be sore but it feels sort of good. Like I did something good for myself. You know?

1 comment:

Kristin Brooke said...

The title says it all. You're going to be prancing around in a little bikini in no time.