Friday, January 07, 2011

Nigel

This is going to be a disgusting story. If you don't like truly gross things, just stop now. It really takes a lot to gross me out. I can handle pee, poo, vomit, blood...doesn't bother me. However, I think I have met my match. Last week I was at the parent's house of my friend Kristin's watching the Fiesta Bowl. It's always a big doggie-palooza over there. They are never without at least 4 dogs in the house. This time I think I counted 6, but I'm not sure. So I'm just happily watching the game when Nigel, a visitor, jumps up on my lap. He was particularly happy, rubbing all over me and finally settled down and let me pet him. After awhile, he jumped down and I noticed that I smelled like the worst rotten fish smell ever. I couldn't figure it out and it was starting to bug me. I could smell it all over my cashmere sweater, so I took it off. I made my friends smell the sweater. Kristin's husband agreed that it smelled like fish. I think Kristin is either crazy or her 1st cranial nerve doesn't work because she didn't think it smelled bad.

After I went home, I took off my jeans and there was a strange brown spot on the thigh. I smelled it and it was the most concentrated fishy smell ever! So I whip out my ipad and I googled "rotten fish dog". I wish I hadn't. I found out that Nigel had emptied his anal glands on my lap and I guess the smell managed to get all over me! No wonder he was so happy! I guess they were bugging him. Anyway, if I was ever considering getting a dog, I think I just took a step back. Is that grosser than gross, or what?!

1 comment:

Kristin Brooke said...

All of my cranial nerves work beautifully!