Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Not-so-glamorous-life

Anyone out there who thinks residency is glamorous like it is on Grey's Anatomy should think about this: I have to work two 24 hour shifts this Thanksgiving break. One on Thanksgiving and then again on Saturday. But wait! No fair! I've already worked 44 hours over the last 3 days! Oh... I'm a resident. I forgot. No family, friends, or yummy food for me. Instead, I get to hang out for 24 hours tomorrow eating a greasy cafeteria burger while all my loved ones get to eat tasty turkey and nap on the couch.

Sigh. Tell me again why I'm doing all this?

Another sigh. And Hillary and John think doctors make too much money. I'd be willing to bet THEY are spending Thanksgiving with loved ones.

Oops. I got political. I get a little edgy when I'm tired. ; )

On an interesting note, I had to provide Malignant Hyperthermia anesthesia precautions today for a man who that condition runs in his family. A very rare disorder. I'll probably never have to do that again for the rest of my career.

No comments: